- March: Incorporated with inaugural board of three: Deirdre O'Connor, JoNell Usher, Ph.D. and Cherryl Brazier.
- May: Accepted John Smith as our first client.
- June: First intern, Jess Farris, joined the team; Smith's investigation reveals compelling evidence of innocence.
- October: Farris joined Board; habeas petition filed on John Smith's behalf.
- December: Dan Finn joined the Board.
- Year-long: Collaborated with L.A. County DA's office in the John Smith investigation.
- January: Became Greater Los Angeles Consortium on Externships (GLACE) employer.
- April: Honored Jennifer Thompson with the Courageous Truth Award.
- August: Innocence Matters made first cut in PopTech Fellowships.
- September: Georgia executed Troy Davis.
- May: John Klene accepted as Innocence Matters client.
- July: Dallas DA's Conviction Integrity Unit received the Courageous Truth Award.
- July-August: Klene investigation reveals compelling evidence of innocence.
- September: John Smith is exonerated!
- October: John Klene's habeas petition filed.
- November: John Smith's exoneration party!
- December: Carol Watson & David Winkler joined the team.
- January: O'Connor selected for Excellence in Leadership at Marymount College; John Smith joined the Board.
- March: Selected for Annenberg's Alchemy Leadership Program.
- April: Jennifer Thompson and Carol Watson join the Advisory Council.
- June: Partnered with Kaye McLane Bednarski & Litt.
- September: Selected for participation in Annenberg's Alchemy+.
- November: L.A. County DA's Marc St. Hippolyte and Brentford Ferreira received Courageous Truth Award; Susan Mellen accepted as Innocence Matters client.
- Year-Long: Collaborated with the L.A. County DA's office on the Susan Mellen investigation
- February: O'Connor designated by The National Board of Legal Speciality Certification as Criminal Trial Specialist
- September: Jessica Besch honored with the Courageous Truth Award; Innocence Matters partnered with Schonbrun DeSimone Seplow Harris & Hoffman, LLP and Latham & Watkins, LLP
- October: Susan Mellen is exonerated!
- November: Innocence Matters announced Paul Hoffman to serve as Board Chair in 2015; Susan Mellen declared factually innocent.